Harrold Flu Vaccination Information 2020/2021
We are well into our flu vaccination season having given over 1,400 vaccinations to our “at risk” population. We have managed to secure more vaccines for the over 65 patients and will be booking these patients into clinics in the very near future.
We are still contacting our under 65 “at risk” population to book them in for a flu vaccination. If you are in this group of patients and haven’t received a phone call, then please ring reception who will book you into a clinic.
Priority groups for the practice to vaccinate this year are:
- Adults 65 and over before 31st March 2021.
- People with certain medical conditions (NHS UK: Who should have flu vaccinations) (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months).
- Pregnant women.
- Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick.
- Children aged 2 & 3 on 31st August 2020.
- Frontline health or social care workers.
We are yet to receive guidance on how the 50-64 programme recently announced by the Government will work and if and when this will be delivered via general practice. Please check the website for updates.
Last but not least we would like to thank all of our patients for their continued support and kindness.