How to get test results requested by clinicians within the Practice
A Doctor will review results before they are released and you will be contacted if you require a follow up or prescription. Our Reception team will be able to tell you if any further action is required but are not clinically trained to interpret results.
- Normal Results – you will not be contacted
- Abnormal Results – you will be contacted by telephone or letter.
We have a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection and can only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for someone else to get their results.
When will the results be ready?
- Urine tests usually take at least 5 working days to come back from the laboratory.
- Most blood tests can take up to a week to be processed.
- X-ray results take up to 2 weeks to be processed.